Monday 14 February 2011

Where Do We Draw The Line

I am just about to reduce my Independent work significantly.
I have plans for the future which cannot support lengthy on calls and I am also starting to feel quite worn out.
A woman who I cared for 18 months ago called me with the news that she was pregnant again.
18 months ago, I shared her elation at the blue line on the pregnancy test.... booked her for consultant led maternity care... took the call when she started to bleed at 12 weeks.... was with her in hospital when she miscarried....and held her and her partner in the scan room when it was confirmed that her pregnancy had gone.
J. has multiple disability and uses a wheelchair...and she only asks to be able to have one baby.
So the Universe has decreed that I take one just one more Woman.

1 comment: